BLACKHAWK Ministries “DNA File”
OUR CORE VALUES
(GUIDING PRINCIPLES THAT CONNECT BELIEFS TO ACTIONS!)
Based on the truth given to us in God’s Word we are compelled to live by the following core values:
1. The holiness of God compels us to worship Him passionately in spirit and in truth (Revelation 4:8-11).
2. Devotion to prayer is foundational to each believer’s growing relationship with God (Psalm 5:1-3, Philippians 4:6-7).
3. God has called the church to initiate and cultivate life-changing relationships, but salvation is an act of God (1 Corinthians 3:P6-9).
4. Loving relationships are to permeate all of church life and be evident in the life of each believer (John 13:34-35, 2 Corinthians 2:14-15).
5. Life change happens best in settings that promote honesty, intimacy, and accountability (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, Proverbs 27:17, 1 Peter 1:22).
6. The church flourishes when people equipped by the Word of God, and led by the Spirit of God’ serve in the right places for the right reasons (Romans 12:3-8).
7. The anointed teaching of God’s Word is vital for life transformation (Acts 2:42-47)
8. Obedience to God expresses our genuine worship and love for Him (Romans 12:1-2, John 14:15)
9. All people matter to God, and therefore, matter to each believer (Luke 15).
10. The church is to be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure (1 Corinthians 9:22-23).
11. A commitment to excellence honors God and inspires people (Colossians 3:23- 24).
12. Fully devoted hearts will selflessly seek to serve and meet the needs of those in their world (Matthew 25:40-45).
13. The pursuit of full devotion to Christ will lead every believer to become a disciple-maker (2 Timothy 2:2).
WHAT WE BELIEVE: OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
This is a concise summary of key biblical truths adopted by the church to serve as a reference point for believers as an indicator of what we believe to be important concerning our faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Believers are required to support these views as a condition for membership.
1. …That the Bible is the authoritative Word of God; that it was inspired and inerrant in its original form; that it is to be trusted; that it is to be believed literally and obeyed fully. 2 Timothy 3:16
2. …In one God who exists in three eternal persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4–7; John 10: 30; John 16:13-15
3. …That Jesus Christ is the eternal God who entered humanity through the virgin birth and lived a sinless life. John 8:58; Matthew 1:24, 25; 2 Corinthians 5:21
4. …That Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world and His blood is the only atonement for sin. John 3: 16; Romans 5:8, 9; 1 John 1:7
5. …That all people are sinners and separated from God; that there is a literal heaven and a literal hell, and that salvation from sin and hell and entrance into heaven is through faith alone in Jesus Christ. Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:8, 9
6. …That faith in Christ results in repentance, conversion, regeneration and an endeavor to live a life of obedience to Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17; 2 Peter 1:4
7. …That when an individual accepts Christ, he or she is immediately indwelt by, as well as sealed and baptized by the Holy Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13-14
8. …That the Holy Spirit of God, upon indwelling, endows each individual with a specific spiritual gift or gifts. (We recognize that the revelatory and sign gifts were for the apostolic age, but that God does work supernaturally in answer to prayer.) I Corinthians 12:4, 7, 11
9. …That the church is the body of Christ, charged with the responsibility to provide spiritual direction, worship and fellowship for believers and to evangelize unbelievers. Baptism of believers by immersion and communion are the church’s two ordinances. Ephesians 5:25; Colossians 1:18
10. …That Jesus is coming again to receive His church, believers both dead and living. Following this rapture is a seven-year period of God’s wrath, called the Great Tribulation. The tribulation will be ended by the coming of Christ with His church to reign for 1000 years on earth. Acts 1:11; Matthew 24:21; John 14:3; I Thessalonians 4:16-18
11. …That a believer is held secure eternally by the power of God. However, the believer’s life will be judged by the Lord Jesus at the judgment seat of Christ, resulting in reward or loss of reward, but not loss of salvation. John 10:27-29; Hebrews 9:27
Statement of Final Authority for Matters of Faith and Conduct
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and inerrant Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Blackhawk Ministries’ faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Elders is Blackhawk Ministries’ final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.