For over five decades, Blackhawk Ministries has strived to be a grace filled community of Christ followers who live out the truths of the gospel in collaboration with other ministries for advancing the greater Kingdom. As you may be aware, we are currently in a season of transition as God has called our lead pastor to another role. We are convinced that God already knows whom He has planned to fulfill our vacancy at Blackhawk. While we believe in His sovereign plan, we are also called to take steps to responsibly “test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Links and Resources:
Blackhawk Foundational Documents:
Ministry Description and Profile
The Lead Pastor will lead our church in accordance with Scripture and our leadership documents. His primary responsibilities are teaching the whole counsel of Scripture, leadership which equips the Church for service, shepherding and vision-casting which inspires people to be gospel- centered ambassadors in their own world . As a servant leader, he must be capable of working with his fellow elders, staﬀ and lay leadership in directing this body of believers toward maturity in Christ.
“We proclaim Christ and strive to present every person complete in Him.” Colossians 1:28
The Lead Pastor must articulate a clear and speciﬁc calling from God and give credible evidence of having been gifted by God as a pastor-teacher and leader. He should be recognized as an example of a humble believer, seeking to live out with his family, the truth he teaches from the Word of God. He shall meet the spiritual qualiﬁcations of an Elder as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 1 Peter 5:1-4.
MISSION OF THE CHURCH
- Provide for the spiritual needs of our congregation and leadership for daily ministry, with speciﬁc focus on exalting God, equipping, challenging and edifying believers and evangelizing our world.
- Be responsible for all regular services of our church and provide regular expository preaching of the whole counsel of Scripture, applying it carefully to the needs of our people and defending it against attack or compromise.
- Encourage and promote the evangelistic outreach of our church through personal evangelism and church programs. Promote missions awareness and involvement according to Matthew 28:19-20.
- Lead our congregation in community involvement so as to bring the truth of Christ to an unbelieving world in an uncompromising manner.
- Provide oversight and accountability for vision alignment of the single largest ministry – Blackhawk Christian School.
- Serve alongside the fellow Elders as a member and co-chair of the Elder Board in order to:
- Seek God’s direction and vision for our church and all related ministries.
- Share responsibility for the stewardship of our resources through annual budget planning and administration.
- Share responsibility for the shepherding of our people through attention to our connecting strategy(life groups).
- Provide leadership and shepherding for all Senior Staﬀ.
- Work in tandem with the Senior Staﬀ in order to:
- Disciple our church staﬀ towards spiritual, professional and personal growth in an atmosphere of accountability and team-building.
- Recruit and select staﬀ members and key volunteers to lead the various ministries of our church.
- Delegate authority and responsibility to appropriate staﬀ along designated lines of reporting.
- Ensure full participation in the annual review process comprised of the Lead Pastor, staﬀ members and all Elders.
- Along with fellow Elders, preside over all congregational business meetings, communicating clearly our church goals, objectives, and vision as determined by the church leadership.
- Love God, have a deep relationship with His Son Jesus Christ, and be empowered by the Holy Spirit. – I Corinthians 2:1-5; Philippians 3:7-11; I John 3:16
- Love God’s Word, desires to preach/teach it in a manner that can be applied, and do so eﬀectively. – I Corinthians 9:16; Acts 20:25-27; II Timothy 3:16-4:2
- Be a man of honorable character and integrity; above reproach (the scriptural qualiﬁcations of an elder). – Acts 6:3; I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter4:14-16
- Be gifted and aﬃrmed as a leader. – Romans 12:6-8
- Lead with a shepherd’s heart. – Titus 2:6-8
- Love people and build healthy relationships and communities. – John 21:15-17; Acts 20:18-38; I Peter 5:1-3
- Embrace Blackhawk Ministries, its doctrine and DNA, its heritage, mission, values. – I Peter 5:1-3; I Corinthians 9:19-23
- Have a heart for and experience in discipling others. Matthew 28:19-20; II Timothy 2:2; I Thessalonians 2:4-12.
- Establish and maintain an accountability partnership with the elder team (and other men as desired) to ensure personal growth and thriving integrity while providing spiritual clarity and protection. Proverbs 27:17; Galatians 6:2; Hebrews 10:24-25
DESIRED LIFE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Aﬃrmation of and alignment with our Statement of Faith and Leadership Essentials
- Must have demonstrated experience in the skills, gifts and spiritual passion commensurate with pastoring a church similar to Blackhawk.
- Be able to clearly articulate theological understanding and practical application of the core doctrines and truths of Scripture in ways which inspire those who listen to take action. This could be obtained from life experience, coursework from an accredited seminary, or some combination of both.