At Blackhawk Ministries, we strive to be a place of truth and grace in such a way that glorifies God. This is a summary of key biblical truths adopted by the church to unify us on what we believe concerning our faith in Jesus Christ. Believers are required to support these views as members of our church family. Scripture displays frequency and harmony on each of these truths, so we have included several references to help you explore these core essentials of our faith.
- The Authority of Scripture
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, complete, authoritative Word of God. It is totally true and trustworthy and therefore our lives are to be governed by its contents.
Scripture References: 2 Timothy 3:16-17; John 1:1-4; Deuteronomy 4:1-2; Psalm 19:7-10; Matthew 5:17-19; Luke 6:46-49; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:19-21
- The Deity of Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal God who entered humanity through the virgin birth and lived a sinless life. He died to pay the price for the sins of the world and rose from the dead to conquer death. Believing in His sacrificial death and resurrection is the only hope for an individual to be completely forgiven of their sin.
Scripture References: John 3:16-18; Philippians 2:5-11; Matthew 1:18,23-25; Romans 5:8-9; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4,13-21; Colossians 3:9-11; 1 Peter 1:18-21; 1 John 1:7; 3:5
- The Sinfulness of Humanity
- We believe that although lovingly created by God in His image, all people sin and fall short of God?s standards. Left to themselves, they are destined to eternal separation from God.
Scripture References: Romans 3:23; Acts 17:24-31; Genesis 1:26-30; Psalm 1; Isaiah 59:2; Jeremiah 17:5,9; Romans 1:19-32; 3:10-18; 1 John 1:7-9
- Salvation by Grace through Faith in Christ
- We believe that salvation comes only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as our way back to a right relationship with God and results in lives that are transformed to live in obedience to Him.
Scripture References: Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Matthew 7:24-27; John 10:27-30; Romans 10:9, 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Galatians 2:20-21; Philippians 2:12-13; 1 John 5:11-13
- We believe that the Holy Spirit of God shows us our need for repentance and upon salvation, enters our lives and equips us with spiritual gifts and the power to live like Jesus.
Scripture References: Romans 8:9-38; John 16:7-15; Galatians 5:16-25; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:13-14; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 1 John 4:13
- The Nature of God ? The Trinity
- We believe that there is one God who exists in three eternal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is the Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe and all it contains.
Scripture References: Romans 15:15-16; John 17:1-8; Genesis 1:1-4; Psalm 19:1-3; Isaiah 45:18; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-5; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14
- The Resurrection of Christ
- We believe that the literal bodily resurrection of Jesus is the foundation of our faith, that following His resurrection He ascended to Heaven and that He will return to make all things new and reign forever.
Scripture References: Luke 24:1-7; John 11:25-26; Acts 1:8-11; Romans 6:8-12; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, 13-21; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Hebrews 10:12; Revelation 21:1-5
- The Church: Next Steps
The church is God?s chosen vehicle to carry Jesus, the hope of the world, to all people.
We believe we always have a next step to take as we follow Christ.
- We believe that the Church, which is the body of Christ, is called to make disciples that make disciples until He returns to receive His Church, both living and dead, to reign for all eternity.
Scripture References: Ephesians 4:11-16; Matthew 28:19-20; John 1:5; John 14:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Hebrews 10:24-25; Revelation 7:9; Revelation 11:15
- We believe that following salvation, we are called to demonstrate our identity in Christ through the act of baptism by immersion and our remembrance of Christ through participation in communion.
Scripture References: Matthew 28:19-20; Luke 22:7-20; Acts 8:36-38; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34; Galatians 3:26-27; Ephesians 4:4-6