Table of Contents
Blackhawk Ministries Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith is a summary of key biblical truths that unify us in our beliefs concerning our faith in Jesus Christ. At Blackhawk Ministries, believers align with these essentials to be members of our church family. We hold to these essentials out of commitment to the glory of God, our love for Jesus, and an earnest desire to be driven by the Gospel in all we do. Scripture displays frequency and harmony on each of these truths; this document includes several Scripture references to assist in exploring these core essentials of faith.
The Authority of Scripture
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, complete, authoritative, Word of God. It is totally true and trustworthy and therefore our lives are to be governed by its contents.
The Deity of Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal God who entered humanity through the virgin birth and lived a sinless life. He died to pay the price for the sins of the world and rose from the dead to conquer death.
The Sinfulness of Humanity
- We believe that although lovingly created by God in His image, all people sin and fall short of God’s holy standard. Left to ourselves, we are destined to eternal separation from God.
Salvation by Grace through Faith in Christ
- We believe salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Trusting in Jesus’ death and resurrection is the only way we can be forgiven of our sin and live in a right relationship with God.
The Role of the Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit of God shows us our need for repentance and upon salvation, indwells and equips us with spiritual gifts and the power to follow Jesus, grow as God’s children, and make disciples.
The Nature of God – The Trinity
- We believe that there is one God who exists in three eternal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is the Creator, Sustainer, Redeemer, and Ruler of the universe and all it contains.
The Resurrection of Christ
- We believe the literal, bodily resurrection of Jesus is the foundation of our faith. Following His resurrection, Jesus ascended to Heaven and will return someday to make all things new.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Christ comprised of all believers worldwide, bound together by common faith in Christ alone for salvation.
- We believe that following salvation, we are called to demonstrate our identity in Christ through baptism by immersion and our remembrance of Christ through participation in communion.
- We believe the Church is called to make disciples through relational community until Jesus returns to receive His Church, both living and dead, to be with Him as He reigns for all eternity.