Blackhawk Ministries is excited to continue our ministry partnership with MOHI (Missions of Hope International), spreading the love of Jesus around the world! On Sunday, November 13, YOU will have the opportunity to personally impact the world for Christ, specifically the children of Kenya, through Child Sponsorship! (Find more details below.)
In addition, we will have a full-size “shanty” in our Foyer on Sunday, November 6 and 13. As you explore the “shanty,” you’ll get a glimpse of what life is like for many children in Kenya. (See pics below.)
There will also be a missionary presentation at 9:00 am in the HS commons on November 13. Join us for some donuts & coffee and hear from some of our missionaries who serve in East Africa (Kenya & Uganda). You won’t want to miss all of these special opportunities!
About MOHI Child Sponsorship:
For $40/month, or roughly $1.30 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Sponsorship is more than just financial support. You can build a lasting relationship with your sponsored child to encourage and uplift them as they complete their education. Exchange letters with your sponsored child to learn about their family life, hopes and dreams, and faith journey. Some of our church members have even been able to meet and spend time with their sponsored child on a Blackhawk mission trip to Kenya!
History of Blackhawk Ministries with MOHI:
- Our own Blackhawk missionary has been with MOHI since 2014. We began partnering with MOHI when we took our 1st team to Kenya to support our missionary and serve alongside each other in 2017. We have returned with teams in 2018, 2020, 2021 (Basem and Jenni), and 2022. Our partner school is the Area2 school located in the Mathare Valley slums.
- The Area2 school currently has 719 children. Approximately 72% are currently sponsored. 284 children enrolled are without sponsors and need sponsorship.
- Each year approximately 90-100 new children are enrolled in the primary program as the 8th graders go on to secondary school, growing the number of need for new sponsors. (Across all MOHI schools approximately 23,000 are enrolled and of these 9,000 children still need sponsors.)
- Blackhawk Ministries church members currently sponsor about 75 children at MOHI Kenya Area2 School.
- Our last sponsorship event was held in the fall of 2019.